Friday, April 1, 2011

Testing the Waters... More fun with my Long Ship

While i feverishly work on my Vikings, here's a few test shots of my Long Ship.

I realized that colored sand made a good water simulation for photo purposes. I also have to berm the sand up to cover the sides of my pan. 

Adding some white for the white caps helps. A valuable technique I got from Uncle Greasy.

Don't forget the backdrop to complete the illusion.

My badass Bandidos from Black Scorpion taking her out for a spin...

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic model, superb display technique and even better that you shared the 'secrets'. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone still had any lingering doubts about your sanity, it is all out of the closet now. Bloody Banditos will steal anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use for your backdrop mate?
    Its really effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. @man cave, thanx. i just google images for 'clouds' or whatever you want and you'd be surprised at the variety of backdrops available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the viking ship mate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flags of War, it's an old model that's still floating (sorry) around somewhere. I happened upon it at my local hobby shop here in the states called Hobby Lobby. Check out their site. They still might carry a few. For more details on it here's my blog post: http://thehistoricalminiaturist.blogspot.com/2011/02/wip-viking-long-ship.html

    Good Luck and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...