Monday, November 13, 2017

Green Army Men - Yoga Joes

One of the things I love most are interesting finds that not only tickle my brain but also make me laugh. One such find was during a visit to the Museum Store at HMNS (Houston Museum of Natural Science). Most museum store fare are overpriced knick-knacks that clutter most desks and shelves. 

The obligatory Museum Store

Then I found the coolest thing while browsing around... 

But first, some background.

A staple for little boys and most budding gamers, I would guess that
most of us have started with the standard Green Army Men in a bag.
This bag of plastic soldiers gave me loads of good clean fun as I simulated
these little battles

Before the advent of computers and tech-toys, these low tech plastic
toys were powered by our imagination. No batteries included nor needed.
With all the standard poses we've come to love and expect, these mini

soldiers were ubiquitous for most boys in my generation

The Toy Story movie franchise featuring these little plastic heroes
made me fall in love all with them all over again. In fact, they

intrigued me so much I re-watched their scenes over and over again.  

So fast forward years later, I was at the HMNS Museum store when I noticed these plastic soldiers displayed on a shelf. I could've missed these bad boys amidst all the other bric-a-brack but they caught my eye.

I nearly missed these bad boys!

Upon further investigation I leaned closer and got an eyeful.



I didn't end up buying them there so I took the information from the card and looked them up online. The good news is that googling them will lead you to Amazon where they can be easily got. So get 'em already!

Re-purposing of a classic. Brilliant!

Funny as hell!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...